Easy canned peaches with honey and lemon juice.
8 cups sliced peaches (about 12 peaches)
4 cups water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup honey
2 cups water
- Blanch peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove peaches with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl with ice and cold water.
- Once peaches are cool, peel and slice.
- Combine 4 cups water, 1/4 cup lemon juice and sliced peaches.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup honey and 2 cups water. Simmer on low heat until honey is dissolved, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the peaches and lemon water to large saucepan with honey and water. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Pack peaches into jars. Cover peaches with liquid and use a knife to release air.
- Process pint jars for 20 minutes in water bath canner and 25 minutes for quart jars.
This recipe makes about 3 pints of peaches with about 32 ounces of leftover peach juice. I canned the juice right along the peaches. You certainly could freeze the peaches and juice if you don't want to can them. Lemon juice is used to help reduce any discoloration when cooking peaches.