Pickled Wild Ramps (Leeks)
- 1 ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ pound wild ramps
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
- Add vinegar, honey, salt and water to a medium pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Trim the root ends from the ramps and peel the outer skin. Cut tops of ramps to fit in the jar.
- Add oregano, bay leaves, mustard seed and peppercorns to the jar. Add ramps to the jar.
- Pour the hot vinegar pickling liquid into the jar, covering the ramps.
- You can process via water-bath for 10 minutes if desired. Will keep without canning in the refrigerator for quite some time.
- You can pickle with the green tops or use the tops in salads, soups, pesto and a variety of other recipes.