Slow Cooker Hot Beef Roast
- 3-4 lb chuck roast
- 3 cups vegetable or beef stock
- ½ cup pickled banana peppers
- ¼ cup juice from pickled banana peppers
- ¼ cup red wine (stock for substitute)
- 1 large garlic clove chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sear chuck roast season roast with salt and pepper. Add olive oil to hot skillet on medium heat.. Sear roast on all sides for 2 minutes each side. Add meat to slow cooker.
- Deglaze skillet While skillet is still on heat, add red wine and scrape drippings in the pan with a large spoon. Cook for 30 seconds. Pour red wine over roast.
- Add remaining ingredients add stock, Italian seasoning, garlic, peppers and pepper juice to slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred meat using a fork, shred roast in slow cooker. Remove bones.
- Enjoy! add meat to buns and cover with cheese. You can broil in oven to melt cheese. Add more banana peppers and enjoy!